It’s that time of year again and while we can’t provide you a list of every single deal out there, we can definitely push you down a rabbit hole of amazing deals, resources, tips and tricks! Here is the the ultimate guide to Black Friday:
Black Friday Websites
Deal of the Day Tracker
Groupon.com – Are you subscribed? Groupon is giving away $100 Million Groupon bucks!
LivingSocial – Use Promo Code: BLACKFRIDAY to take 25% off any purchase.
Use Twitter and search for Hashtags
Get Free Stuff!
JCPenney – Free 2013 Disney Snow Globe
Seattle’s Best Coffee – Free Sample of Medium Roast Coffee
Half Price Books – Free Tote and $5 Gift Card for the first 100 people. One tote bag will also contain a $100 gift card!
PetSmart – For the first 100 shoppers they are giving away free pet stockings stuffed with dog and cat treats and $130 worth of in-store coupons.
Petco – Free Pet Antlers – Make any purchase with your Petco Pals reward card and you’ll take home a free pair of pet antlers.
Red Lobster – Free Maine lobster tail with purchase of any adult dinner entrée.
CVS – Free CVS AA or AAA battery 4-pack. Just head over to this page on Thanksgiving and print out the coupon.
Fred Meyer – Free doughnuts and coffee from 5 a.m. to noon, so even if you’re not first in line you can still score this freebie.
Bass Pro Shops – Free Santa photo!
Staples – Get yourself a free ream of Staples 8.5×11″ multipurpose paper and a pack of Staples Photo Supreme 8.5×11″ double-sided matte paper (after mail-in rebate). Limit of two of each item per customer.
Macy’s – Get a free Lil Wayne compilation album when you spend $50 or more
GameStop – Get a free $25 gift card and free backpack when you buy the Wii U Skylanders SWAP Force Bundle for $300 and get either a free LEGO toy set or free LEGO keychain when you buy a LEGO game
Toys “R” Us – Get a free jersey when you buy select Nerf Dart Tag items
Aéropostale – Get a free pair of Skullcandy earbuds when you spend $100 or more. Alternatively, you can take home a free pair of Skullcandy 2XL Headphones with a $150 purchase. Get $25 Aero Card when you spend over $100. Use Promo Code: 25THANKS
Walmart – Get a free $100 gift card when you purchase select smartphones
Gander Mountain – Get a free $20 gift card when you spend $100 or more on select brands
LongHorn Steakhouse – From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., buy one LongHorn lunch combination and get 50% off the second lunch combination, via a Facebook printable coupon
Travel and Hotel Discounts
Some of you may not even be thinking about hitting the store discounts, but you may very well be traveling over the holiday. Here are some deals on flights and here is a guide we found that is putting together as many Black Friday hotel discounts as they can find.
Like any good robbery, er, steal, you need some blueprints! Here are some some popular stores offering their maps to eager explorers:
While not everybody is offering this option, a quick Google Image Search can point you in a helpful direction.
Black Friday Employee Cheat Sheets (PDF)
Want some insider material? On Black Friday employees are handed cheat sheets that list everything on offer. Well we managed to get our hands on some:
BJ’s Wholesale Club
Dick’s Sporting Goods
Harbor Freight Tools
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
Planning on Camping Out?
If you’re reading this and you’re not already camping out – you may already be too late!
Fear not, there might still be hope yet! Just make sure you run yourself through this checklist to make sure you’re prepared. I once camped out for the first iPad and I learnt a few tips from the pro’s…
- Four Cinder Blocks and a Pallet – Some people may immediately jump to the conclusion that this is a little much. Remember you’re camping out on concrete in October. It’s going to get cold and possibly rain/sleet. You’re going to want to be as far off the ground as possible.
- Tent/Tarp – Alright, you might not be doing any sleeping, unless you’re camping out with a friend and you want to take turns on watch. Either way, when you need a little privacy to use the restroom, it’ll be worth it.
- Camping Chair – You’re not going to be going far, so make sure you bring yourself something comfortable to sit in.
- Warm Beverage – Bring a thermos of coffee or hot cocoa. It get’s cold out there and you are going to wish you had something to fill your titanium mug!
- Blankets – Did I mention that it may be cold?
- Snacks! – You WILL get hungry and you’re going to wish you had packed enough food to last you through the next couple of days.
- Empty 5 Gallon Water Jug with a Funnel – You’ve got to go somewhere and believe me the funnel is going to help avoid unwanted mess.
- Entertainment – You are going to start going crazy with boredom. So bring something to keep you entertained. I remember when I was camping out for the first iPad and the guys in front of me had brought a backup generator for their TV and microwave. Now we can’t all be as extreme as this, but hey, it’s worth thinking about.
- Hide Your Merchandise Somewhere Else In The Store – I told you this was unethical. If what you want is already on the shelves and is small enough, you could get away with stashing it somewhere else in the store. Think about areas that are quite cluttered. Clothes and shoes are great areas to hide things. On the night you can make a beeline directly to your stash, avoiding the frenzied crowd.
- Buy Now – Return For the Discount – Make sure you read the fine print, but with some good negotiation and tact, the only line you may need to stand in is the customer service one. Walmart has already dropped the prices of select toys and electronics to match competitors’ Black Friday prices, so in effect, you can shop select Target, Toys R Us and Best Buy Black Friday deals right now and get yourself a price match. Do some research and check out the retailer ads, buy what you want today and on Black Friday take it back with your receipt and haggle for the difference. If you’re nice and smile, you may just get lucky.
- Power in Numbers – This is war – take an army of friends! If you’re saving a huge amount of money you might be able to convince your friends to take part in helping you get that flat screen TV for the cost of lunch the next day.
- Become an Online Hacker – Take advantage of online shopping! Fill your shopping cart with everything you intend to buy the night before Black Friday and wake up early the next morning and checkout with ease. As long as your checkout doesn’t have a timer, you should sail through smoothly all whilst wearing your pajamas!
How badly do you want your deal? Black Friday is serious business to some shoppers. There is actually a website dedicated to the Black Friday death and injury count. Here are some tips that could help you avoid becoming another statistic…
Limited Home Security Special
Does controlling your home with your iPhone, Android, iPad, laptop, web browser peak your interest at all? I’m talking SMART+ HOME®, advanced home security, HD night vision cameras, geo-fencing from anywhere in the world. Yeah. That’s cool.
*Terms and Conditions apply
Top 10 Apps for Black Friday
We are living in the digital age, so why not have a digital advantage! We’ve picked the top ten apps that you can use to find the best deals before anybody else.
Thanksgiving & Black Friday Store Hours
|Store||Thanksgiving Day Store Hours||Black Friday Store Hours|
|A.C. Moore||N/A||5 am|
|Bass Pro Shops||N/A||5 am|
|Bealls Florida||8 pm||N/A|
|Bed Bath & Beyond||N/A||6 am|
|Belk||8 pm||10 pm|
|Best Buy||6 pm||N/A|
|Bon-Ton||8 pm||2 pm|
|Costco||N/A||9 am – 8:30 pm|
|Dell Home & Office||N/A||12 am|
|Dick’s Sporting Goods||8 pm||N/A|
|Dollar General||7 am||N/A|
|Fry’s Electronics||9 am||N/A|
|Gander Mountain||8 am||N/A|
|Half Price Books||N/A||7 am|
|Harbor Freight||N/A||7 am|
|Home Depot||N/A||5 am|
|JCPenney||8 pm||9 pm (closes)|
|Kmart||6 am||11 pm|
|Kohl’s||8 pm||11:59 pm|
|Michael’s||4 pm||2 am (closes); 7 am – 10 pm|
|OfficeMax||8 pm||2 am|
|Office Depot||8 pm – 11 pm||8 am|
|Olympia Sports||N/A||5 am|
|Old Navy||9 am – 4 pm; 7 pm||11:59 pm (closes)|
|Pep Boys||N/A||6 am|
|Radio Shack||N/A||8 am|
|Rite Aid||N/A||7 am|
|Sam’s Club||N/A||7 am|
|Sears||8 pm||10 pm (closes)|
|Shopko||8 pm||12 pm|
|Sierra Trading Post||N/A||6 am|
|Sports Authority||6 pm – 12 am||6 am|
|Staples||8 pm – 12 am||6 am|
|Stein Mart||N/A||7 am|
|Toys “R” Us||5 pm||Varies|